Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Is teaching for me?



I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in High school. My teachers and leaders throughout my life were a true inspiration. I was excited to be able to inspire others in the same way. It wasn't until a conversation I had with a friend a few months ago that my dream began to be more of a reality. My Service Learning Placement gave me an opportunity to work with students in a real life setting and to be involved with teachers. I have seen that my dream is not all about inspiration. It's mostly hard work. Creating lesson plans, filling multiple roles and understanding the topic being taught are just a few parts that make the work so hard. 

I am still excited about being a teacher but I have decided that Elementary age us not the level I want. I would like to teach only one subject. I would like to teach something that I can be excited to teach. I plan to switch my major to Secondary education and teach math.

I think it is a great opportunity to inspire and help children grow. I also think that this will be a good choice for my family. I have three young kids that I am helping to teach at home and these kids need me more than anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment