Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Assessment

Over these past weeks I have enjoyed learning the basics of teaching and observing a real classroom setting. I feel like I have made a connection each week applying the material to what I am seeing.  I didn’t realize there was so much depth to teaching and that one lesson plan incorporates many different aspects of teaching. Each week as we learn a new concepts I am able to demonstrate that I understand.  I have articulated the subjects.  My blog needs more pictures and jokes to be interesting though. The questions asked for the blog posts are very relevant and it gives me a purpose of what to watch for each week in order to fill answer the questions completely. I can also reflect back on what I have learned. 


This blog has been a way for me to reflect on everything I have learned and easily pick up the topic again.  Almost like notes to review.  When I was asked to do my first post I had not actually attended a class yet but I had met my teacher and was familiar with the school.  If I was to write the post now the information would be the same.  Mostly the area that I have gained better knowledge and understanding is standardized testing.  I had heard a lot of negative things about it and was completely against common core and SAGE testing.  I now feel that it is not so bad.  It is not as much of a worry for me. Learning more details about the ranking system also allows me to reflect on the rating for the school I am attending.  I believe it has a lower score for the area because it is overcrowded and it is more diverse then the other schools in the area.  Also, they got a new principle this year so maybe the school rating will begin to get better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment