Saturday, September 19, 2015
Twitter Chat Summary
The
twitter chat we did for class was weird. I have been in a
few online classes and usually we use a inter school chat system to do what we
were trying to do. The teacher would ask
a question and each student would answer.
This allowed the students to communicate with each other. Since we were using twitter it put our
conversation out there for more than just the people we were chatting with. It
seems a weird way to have a classroom discussion. Also, I had no clear idea on what I was
supposed to do. I appreciated that someone else jumped in. I think that this might be a good tool to use
for some, but not all students. I like
the discussion board as a way to create community. It allows for lots of communication and time
to respond. It also does not limit how much we can say by a certain amount of characters.
I will be happy to try this again. I
have never been on twitter. I don’t have
a ton of time to check multiple social media so I never signed up for one. Maybe the more I use it the more comfortable
I will be. I did learn how to use twitter.
Something I will probably have to do when I am a teacher. Or at least
when my kids are old enough to twitter. :
)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment